NYI is offering an alternative training date on Thursday, March 13; please attend ONE.
Do more than belong: participate. Do more than care: serve.
Do more than believe: practice. Do more than be fair: be kind.
Do more than forgive: forget. Do more than dream: work. --William Arthur Ward
Become an EVENT VOLUNTEER!
• you enter a path of service where your service is your practice and your practice is service
• build a greater sense of sangha
• serve your local Dharma community
• practice generosity
• deepen your practice by exploring relationships between you and others
• get to the center on a regular basis
In addition, volunteers attend that event for free.
Remember: NYI is almost entirely volunteer-run and generosity is vital to the existence of this community.
Prerequisite: Please have attended at least one NYI event before attending the training.
If you are interested in attending a training, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. A confirmation will be sent back to you.
Please see the event volunteer description below for more information about the role.
NEW YORK INSIGHT EVENT VOLUNTEER ROLE
New York Insight relies on volunteers to create a welcome and organized atmosphere for all our events. The center needs you to help prepare the space and welcome participants. As a volunteer, you’ll learn more about New York Insight and become an active member of the Sangha.
Event volunteers can anticipate the following experiences and responsibilities:
• Arriving 1 hour before the event start time
• Staying at least 30 minutes past the event end time
• Meeting and working with other volunteers
• Registering participants and taking registration payments
• Welcoming and orienting the teacher
• Responding to participant comments and inquiries
• Setting up cushions and chairs
• Testing the microphones
• Checking the bathrooms for supplies and cleanliness
• Changing the water jug and replenishing the cup supplies
• Taking out the garbage and replacing bins with fresh bags
All events are staffed with an experienced Event Manager who supervises and coordinates volunteer tasks. The list of tasks given above is divided among all volunteers, including the Event Manager.
*Please note: All volunteers are required to attend one training session prior to their first volunteer event, this includes experienced NYI volunteers who have not yet attended a training. The minimum requirement for volunteering is two events per quarter.