**Dear NYI Members: As this retreat is economically priced, the membership discount is not available. Do not register online if you are a member. Please contact Programming and Marketing Manager, Molicia Crichton at firstname.lastname@example.org, to register.**
Head, Heart and Belly: Wisdom, Love and Embodiment
A 4-day residential retreat with Martin Aylward, activating and exploring the 3 principal centres of experience: the Belly, the centre of embodiment, where we learn to actually inhabit our experience ever more fully; the Heart, the centre of empathy, where we free up our undigested emotional life, and open to ever deepening care, compassion, joy and spaciousness; and the Head, center of intuition and wisdom, where we learn to disengage from habitual and counterproductive thought patterns, and train deeper capacities of mind.
The retreat will integrate classical Buddhist practices in contemporary psychological understanding, to deepen and develop embodied awareness, emotional intelligence, and transformative wisdom.
Please read the following retreat notes:
- This residential retreat is located at the Grail Retreat Center. Transportation directions can be found here.
- Please arrive between 3-6pm on Wednesday, September 28.
- Departure time is noon, 12pm, on Sunday, October 2. Lunch will not be served on departure day.
- All participants are expected to stay for the entire retreat.
- There are limited amount of private rooms.
- All bathrooms are shared.
- To assist NYI and Grail Retreat Staff and as an act of generosity and practice, all participants are asked to participant in a period of work meditation.
- Payment plans are available, please contact Programming and Marketing Manager, Molicia Crichton at email@example.com.
- In late August, NYI will offer information on ride-sharing and additional retreat details.
- Full refunds (less a $10 processing fee) will be given up to July 15, 2016.
- Cancellations received after September 20 will not be given a refund unless the spot can be filled.
At the end of the retreat, retreatants will have the opportunity to offer dana in support of and in gratitude to our teacher and NYI.