Community. Support. Practice.
NOW is the time to BECOME AN EVENT VOLUNTEER
• you enter a path of service
where your service is your practice and your practice is service
• build a greater sense of sangha
• serve your local Dharma community
• practice generosity
• deepen your practice by exploring relationships between you and others
• get to the center on a regular basis
In addition, volunteers attend that event for free.
Remember: NYI is almost entirely volunteer-run and generosity is vital to the existence of this community.
*Attending a training is MANDATORY for all new event volunteers.*
Monday, August 12, 7:00–9pm
If you are interested in attending a training, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the training date you would like to attend. A confirmation will be sent back to you.
There will not be another volunteer training until at least November.
Please see the event volunteer description below for more information about the role.
We look forward to practicing with you!
NEW YORK INSIGHT EVENT VOLUNTEER ROLE
New York Insight relies on volunteers to create a welcome and organized atmosphere for all our events. The center needs you to help prepare the space and welcome participants. As a volunteer, you’ll learn more about New York Insight and become an active member of the Sangha.
Event volunteers can anticipate the following experiences and responsibilities:
• Arriving 1 hour before the event start time
• Staying at least 30 minutes past the event end time
• Meeting and working with other volunteers
• Registering participants and taking registration payments
• Welcoming and orienting the teacher
• Responding to participant comments and inquiries
• Setting up cushions and chairs
• Testing the microphones
• Checking the bathrooms for supplies and cleanliness
• Changing the water jug and replenishing the cup supplies
• Taking out the garbage and replacing bins with fresh bags
All events are staffed with an experienced Event Manager who supervises and coordinates volunteer tasks. The list of tasks given above is divided among all volunteers, including the Event Manager. You must be physically able to do the tasks listed above.
*Please note: All volunteers are required to attend one training session prior to their first volunteer event. The minimum requirement for volunteering is two events per quarter.
If you are interested, please send your inquiries to the Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.