Community Blog2022-04-13T12:21:07-04:00

New York Insight Blog

4April 2022

A Fascination with Conscious Awareness

April 4th, 2022|Blog|

In this podcast, internationally renowned embodied meditation teacher Jill Satterfield talks about the applied nature of meditation and mindfulness practice, as well as: How we can simplify our desires in order to increase satisfaction in our lives How connecting to ourselves can help us feel less lonely Why we should meditate How practicing [...]

30November 2021

A Buddhist Recipe for Handling Turmoil

November 30th, 2021|Uncategorized|

We all know that change is inevitable and impermanence is non-negotiable. But somehow it can feel surprising, maybe even wrong, when we personally hit turbulence. This interview with Kaira Jewel Lingo on the 10% Happier podcast explores waking up to what’s happening right now; trusting the unknown; how gratitude helps us in times of disruption; [...]

1September 2021

Non-Identification by Tara Mulay

September 1st, 2021|Uncategorized|

In this video by meditation teacher Tara Mulay, she discusses the concept of non-identification of our thoughts, feelings and sensations. When the cognitive burden of identification is put down there is so much energy for deepening awareness. Join Tara on Thursday, September 9th, 2021 from 7:00pm - 8:30pm ET for Gentle [...]

30April 2021

Talking about Real Life with Sharon Salzberg

April 30th, 2021|Uncategorized|

https://vimeo.com/543688924 We are excited to announce an upcoming online series Sharon Salzberg is generously offering for free to New York Insight's Circle of Friends.   Over three intimate gatherings, that will take place on July 14th, August 18th, and September 22nd, 2021 from 7:00pm to 8:30pm ET, participants will join Sharon to explore, meditate and [...]

12April 2021

A Covenant with New York Insight

April 12th, 2021|Blog|

Two months after my wife died in November of 2017, a friend took me to dinner and at some point said to me that she was going to meditation the next morning. She asked… why don’t I come with her? And so I did and was guided into my first meditation by Sharon [...]

Go to Top