New York Insight offers a variety of drop-in Ongoing Sittings both on-site at our center and in various locations throughout the city. Sittings are led by NYI Teachers or Peer-Leaders.
All sittings are by donation; no registration is required.
Please check the calendar for up to date information about any changes/cancellations and for locations for off-site events.
SUMMER FRIDAYS: The center will not be open or drop-in hours on Fridays, June 5–September 4, 2015.
ON-SITE at 28 W. 27th ST
- Weekday Drop-In Hours: The center is open for community use Mon–Fri, 2–6pm
- Dedicated Practice Sangha: Sunday evenings: 6–8pm
- Tuesday Night Teacher-Led Sitting: Tuesday evenings; 7–9pm
- Tuesday Night Integrated Orientation for Beginners: Tuesday evenings, 7–8pm
- Thursday Night Peer Led Sitting: Thursday evenings, 7–9pm
- T.B.I.F.: Thank Buddha It’s Friday, 7-9pm, September 11-December 18 (see calendar for time changes)
- Sunday Generation Meditation: Sunday evenings, 6–8pm
- Living Urban Dharma–Monday Daytime Sit: Mondays, 12:30–2:00 pm
- Addiction and Recovery: The Buddha & Bill W: First Monday of each month, 7–9pm
- Insight Out Refuge: LGBTQI Sangha: Second Monday of each month, 7–9pm
- People of Color Sangha: Third Monday of each month, 7–9pm
- Sunday Insight Dialogue: First Sunday of each month, 6–8pm
- Monthly Friday Potluck Sittings (see calendar for specific dates): Fridays, 7–9:30pm
- Monthly Weekend Silent Daylongs (see calendar for specific dates): Saturday or Sunday 10am–5pm
- Monthly Sitting on Sunday (S.O.S.) (see calendar for specific dates): Sundays, 10am–12pm
OFF-SITE (see calendar for dates and locations)
- Tuesday Night Brooklyn Sangha: Tuesday evenings, 7–9 pm
- Monday Night Brooklyn POC & Allies: 2nd and 4th Monday evenings, 7:00-8:30pm
- Sunday Harlem POC & Allies: Second and Last Sunday of each month, see calendar for times
- Monday Night Queens Sitting: Monday evenings (twice a month), 7–9pm