Community Blog2022-04-13T12:21:07-04:00

New York Insight Blog

2August 2020

Being Intimate With Our Experience

August 2nd, 2020|Blog|

In this episode of the 10 Percent Happier Podcast with Dan Harris, New York Insight Teacher Sebene Selassie explores themes of belonging, identity and being intimate with our experiences.

1August 2020

Liberation In Any Given Moment

August 1st, 2020|Blog|

In the midst of anxiety, anger, and uncertainty, what can we do to liberate ourselves from our reactivity? Ralph De La Rosa reflects on the different ways that we can get stuck in our ego and how we can find freedom by turning towards our difficult emotions, instead of running away from them.

23July 2020

My True Dharma Home

July 23rd, 2020|Blog|

Dear friends,I came to meditation through the yoga door some 25 years ago and loved it from the start. I became a voracious student, read everything I could get my hands on, and listened to many podcasts. At the end of my first year of meditation I began to attend workshops and eventually to [...]

20July 2020

Feeling More Intimately Connected

July 20th, 2020|Blog|

Dear friends, I moved to New York hoping to find meaningful work and a community to support and deepen my meditation practice, as most of my experience had been of sitting alone. By the time I finally found my way to NYI, I had been unemployed for a few months. At first, I [...]

Go to Top