2 Event Volunteer Co-Coordinators
New York Insight is seeking two Event Volunteer Co-Coordinators to ensure and increase volunteer participation in our events and courses. This is not a paid position.
Commitment: approximately 4-7 hours per person per week. It fluctuates depending on how many events are going on. The responsibilities will be shared between both coordinators.
We are looking for individuals who:
- Value community and sangha building
- Have been involved with the NYI sangha
- Have good communication and organization skills and likes people
- Dedicated practitioner in the Insight tradition and/or looking to deepen their practice
- Creating listings for volunteer opportunities online
- Communicating, via email, phone, and/or in person, to recruit volunteers for events and to convey important details, contact info, and reminders prior to the event
- Organizing Event Folders (with registration list, day of event registration form, event description, teacher bios, event summary form, etc.)
- Help staff in coverage for an occasional event, usually in the evenings from 6-9:30pm, most likely on weekday evenings.
- Assisting staff in planning and hosting quarterly volunteer trainings and appreciation events.
- Deepening your practice through service
- Free attendance to NYI events and courses (you do not have to be a volunteer for the event/course to attend)
- Shaping and cultivating the practice and study environment at New York Insight through membership on the Programming Committee
- Working closely with teachers and staff
To apply, please share an email telling us about yourself, your practice, and why you feel inspired to serve in this way. We encourage you to share your resume with us. Send your email to email@example.com.
Please fill out this form here if you are interested in volunteering for events and courses at NYI. We will notify you about upcoming event volunteer trainings.
Audio Editing Volunteer
NYI is looking for a volunteer to join our team of volunteer audio editors. The volunteer will be responsible for editing talks to later be uploaded to DharmaSeed. Please be technologically proficient; editing can be done on readily available free software.
Please click here to contact us if interested.